Summary of Qualifications
- Ability to manage and arrange multiple projects from concept through production
- Excellent communication skills in both the written and spoken word
- Knowledge and creativity of computer design, production, and a variety of print methodology
- 15+ years experience representing and promoting fine artist exhibitions
- A vast interest and knowledge of contemporary art, design discourse, typography, and design history
- 12+ Years design and consulting a wide assortment of retail, restaurant, corporate, governmental,
and non-profit organizations
- Ability to direct and educate students from Senior High School through College levels
- Producing events, i.e.; planning, promotion, execution, direction, and maintenance
- 2012 — 2012 Open Book Workshop, Lake Anne, MI. Sponsored and programed by Eastern Michigan University, Ypsilanti, MI summer 2012.
- 2008 — MFA, Graphic Design, Maryland Institute College of Art, Baltimore, MD
- 1999 — The Loft Literary Center, Poetry journal, Grace Willow Morgan
- 1995 — Haystack Mountain School of Crafts, Woodcarving, Bob Trotman
- 1994 — BFA, Typography, Minneapolis College of Art + Design, Minneapolis, MN
PRINT + PUBLICATION
- Delveloped Ten Chances No Hustle residency/exhibition book concept with Ten Chances founder/director Patricia Healy McMeans.
- Produced, directed, and designed Violet Jo: A Divine Spark, a photography book featuring the photography of Daniel Peet.
- Provided digital photo production and rendering of photographic material (132 photos) for Japanese Cloisonné Enamels The Stephen W. Fisher Collection exhibition catalogue.
- Compiled and designed 5000 ARTISTS RETURN TO ARTISTS SPACE: 25 YEARS, with staff and editors at Design / Writing / Research, directed by Abbott Miller, New York
- Volunteered design services for the Youth Farm and Market Project, organizing and creating a biannual newsletter for future patrons, parents, and involved farmers
- Designed and coordinated large quarterly publication for the Health Care Financing Administration, incorporating multiple commentators, tables of financial data and pictographs
- Provided critical print production knowledge for completion of pocket folders and promotional material for Land Rover International and Thompson IntraActive
ART DIRECTION + CURATION
- Established Central Air :: Nomadic Art Space, curated the Mayor of Uptown, installation of 18 artists work, maintained gallery hours, and organized sale of work
- Co-founder, Curator and Director of Radiator Art Exhibition Company, providing support for emerging contemporary artists
- Worked with area general contractor, Michlitsch Builders, to concept and implement large scale site signage
- Developed exhibition graphic and production for large scale vinyl banner promoting Beyond the Compass Beyond the Square at The Walters Art Museum in Baltimore, MD.
- Organized and implemented in-store and building graphics as well as advertising collateral for Bob’s Java Hut, Minneapolis, MN
- Designed and implemented signage and menu graphics system for Byerly’s Minnesota Grille
- Designed and coordinated production of restaurant signage system for Della Notte in Baltimore, MD
- Designed and developed Ten Chances Expiremental Urban Artists Residency name, logo, and typographic lockup used to represent and promote the residency program and collection of residency alumni.
- Established logo and identity system for Cr(eat)e Catering and the Dining Studio for Chef Philip Dorwart
- Created logo and design system for Dale Tremain and Tremain Architects + Planners including full stationary and marketing collateral.
- Assisted with design and production of typographic mark, and contemporary milk system packaging, for Schroeder Milk Co., simplyright product line.
- Presented new logo and identity system for Temple Israel
- Produce seasonal marketing propaganda and publication specific advertising material for Create Catering and The Dining Studio.
- Created seasonal and monthly advertising and promotional packages for retail furniture space, Europine; consisting of Newspaper Ads, seasonal promotions work, and signage
- Developed event graphics and support media for World Bank Awards Ceremony
- Created marketing and promotional material for Rosalux Gallery, Minneapolis
DESIGN + TYPOGRAPHY
- Managed creative relationships with several not-for-profit art galleries and arts exhibition spaces through the creation and production of promotional materials for both private artists and art organizations.
- Developed ongoing marketing and promotional collateral for the Ivy Fashion Boutique and annual Collage Fashion Show, including; in-store graphics, marketing postcards, t-shirt and fashion graphics.
- Provide in-house design services for Lucia Watson, Lucia’s Restaurant and Wine Bar, i.e. Menu design, signage, and anniversary T-shirt promotions
- Designed international event graphics for Land Rover Mongolia Expedition
- Creation of multiple typefaces for personal and single client project use
- Adjunct faculty at the University of Wisconsin – Stout, Scool ofArt and Design. Teaching multiple sections of Graphic Design I, II; 2D Digital Design, Publications, and Digital Type Design.
- Provided professional practices assessment providing interview skills for Arts Institutes (AI) as mock interviews, invited by instructor Desireé Dorwart, October 2009, March 2010, August 2010.
- Participated as Mentor/Sounding Board, MCA+D Senior Project (Design) under instructor Pam Arnold, Spring 2002
- Interim Art teacher at Minnesota Business Academy
- Provided critical dialogue as guest speaker and educator: Minneapolis College of Art and Design; University of Minnesota; Dwight Englewood School, Englewood, NJ; and Minnesota Business Academy, St Paul, MN
- Develope and publish on-line content and material for personal web blogs and social media.
- Maitain multiple web logs featuring personal design work, photography, and graphic design educational material.
- Compiled and designed websites for Audi USA, Digex, DirectPC, Eckerd Drugs, MCI, and World Bank.
– – – – – –– – –– – –– – –– – –– – –
Professional Resumé [PDF download]
– – – – – –– – –– – –– – –– – –– – –